Friday, December 16, 2011

Twice Baked Potatoes with Rosemary and Feta

The Pin...

The Project...
I am a week behind on uploading this one. We had a lovely flu bug hit our house at the end of last week, and then I got caught up in another project that I have for a friend's Christmas present. But now I'm going to (finally) finish my week of Pinterest dinners.

The ingredients were nice and simple. Just potatoes, rosemary, feta cheese, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.

After scrubbing the potatoes, I poked several holes in each with a fork and drizzled them generously with EVOO. They went into the oven at 450 degrees for 45 minutes...

And came out looking like this. I cut an X into each one, then pushed down on them with my finger (wrapped in a paper towel).

Now they looked kind of messy, but the directions warned that they would. I drizzled more EVOO on them, then sprinkled with rosemary, salt, pepper, and feta. Back into the oven they went for another 15 minutes.

They came out looking (and smelling) pretty yummy. I let them cool for another 5 minutes before serving.


Something New...
My husband and I both really liked these potatoes. They paired great with salmon and asparagus! The insides were soft and fluffy, and the skin was nice and crispy. My only complaint was that there wasn't as much flavor as I had anticipated. I ended up pouring the lemon vinaigrette that I made for the salmon onto the potatoes as well. I will definitely make these again! I just plan to add some lemon juice to the potatoes before their second round in the oven. They're a great alternative to plain baked potatoes. Remember to follow me on Pinterest to see more of my pins.

Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment