Thursday, December 8, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken

The Pin...

The Project...
I have needed this recipe for a while! We usually make chicken breasts at least once a week, and I only have about 3 ways I prepare them. That gets pretty old, pretty fast. And of course, having only a few simple ingredients is very appealing.

I ended up using 3 limes instead of 2 since they were a bit on the small side. I also omitted the lime zest (out of laziness).

Instead of using a plastic bag, I put all of the ingredients for the marinade into a measuring up to mix. Then I poured it over the chicken. After sealing the tupperware and giving it a good shake, the chicken went into the refrigerator.

6 hours later, it was time for dinner! I'll be honest, I'm not the best with the grill (that's my husband's domain), but I think I did a pretty good job. Each breast needed about 7 minutes on each side for proper doneness.

Thankfully, the chicken was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, despite being skinless.

I served them with couscous and green beans (something I didn't have to worry about burning while I was outside with the grill).

Something New...
These were delicious! Don't let the cayenne pepper scare you. My very picky two year old even enjoyed it! I wish I'd been able to marinade them overnight as the recipe suggests, but the 6 hours was definitely adequate. We will definitely be adding this new recipe to our routine (especially since most of the ingredients are always in our pantry or fridge). Make sure to follow me on Pinterest to see more of my pins.

Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment